Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

There is no reason to break tradition now, time to share my Easter outfit. Last weekend, in all the hubbub of my normal life I got a text message from my mother informing me that the Easter color was lilac… Can you see my unamused face? I’m sorry, I’m a little scarred from all the years of posing for portraits with my brother in matching ensembles or going to crowded public places wearing identical outfits. Perhaps, we were easier to find that way (I think) but, I digress…

When I received the message I had no idea what I was going to wear and just hoping I could find something in my closet and I did! Unfortunately for my mother and her matchy matchy schemes it’s not lilac. I was hoping to be able to squeeze into this last minute wedding guest dress but, have gained enough weight that’s it’s not the most flattering ensemble. It wasn’t hopeless AKA I could still zip it up but, I wasn’t comfortable with the idea of wearing it to church or to brunch/dinner afterwards. Maybe next year. What are your plans for this holiday weekend?

This dress, on the other hand, has been sitting in my closet forever! I got it on super sale clearance (read: $9.00) when Target was phasing out the last of the Isaac Mizrahi line. I haven't had a good occasion to wear it but, could not bring myself to get rid of it. I'm glad I held on to it because it works for this occasion. Do you have pieces like that in your closet? 
  • Top: ivory lace dress, Isaac Mizrahi for Target with a tank top underneath for the modesty; black cropped jacket, Express
  • Shoes & Accessories: black patent leather t-strap pumps, LOFT; rhinestone earrings, New York and Company/gift from BF's parent's; black plume brooch, Stella & Dot; black cat eye sunglasses, Enzo Angiolini; purple patent leather tote, Coach


To: You
From: Iris


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...